The 11th edition of the most important Conference on Information and Communication Technologies in Ecuador – TICEC 2023 invites all researchers worldwide to submit their contributions in the Technical Track until
TICEC 2023 focus on Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Software Development and ICT and their application to the real world. TICEC is a premier conference that brings together researchers and practitioners from diverse fields to explore the fundamental functions, interactions and practical implications of ICT. TICEC is part of the conference series launched in 2013.
Prepare your contributions for this track and schedule your attendance to TICEC 2023 on your agenda on October 18 – 20, 2023.Note: You must create an account on RTE for submitting your manuscript. Do not forget to include in the message to the editor that your article belongs to TICEC.
All paper submissions will be double-blind peer reviewed and evaluated based on originality, research content, correctness, relevance to the conference, and readability. Please read completely the call for papers guidelines before submitting your paper.
- Submit your manuscript in PDF format.
- Please do not enter the name, university, country or any other information related to the authors to comply with the double-blind peer review process. This information must be provided through the submission platform.
- Articles must be written in English and their length must be between 4000 to 7000 words.
- Once you have submitted your article, you may not make any changes during the review process.
- Articles must be in English or Spanish and be between 4.000 to 7.000 words in length.
- The content of the article must be original and related to one of the conference topics.
- Title: Spanish and English, 15 words of length.
- Abstract: It must not exceed 250 words and is presented in Spanish and English.
- Keywords: Four to six words must be ordered alphabetically. The first word with an initial capital letter, the rest in lowercase, separated by a comma (,). They must be presented in Spanish and English. These serve to classify the article thematically.
- Sections: Introduction; Methodology with sections headed with Arabic numbers (1, 2, 3 …) and/or subsections (A, B, C …); Conclusions and References. If necessary, tables, images, and figures are numbered and referenced before being shown.
- Authors should ensure the accuracy of citations, diagrams, maps and tables.
- Citation must follow the APA 7 format.
- Figures and tables should be placed where they will appear in the text and should be clear and easy to see (high resolution).
- Papers should follow the format of the downloadable template.
IMPORTANT: IN THE NOTE TO THE EDITOR INDICATE THAT YOUR ARTICLE BELONGS TO TICEC 2023
The review process will be double blind. Therefore, please anonymize your submission. Do not include authors’ names or affiliation at the beginning of the paper.
Each paper will be reviewed by at least three regular members of the Program Committee or two senior members of the Steering Committee.
Acceptance decisions will take into account the novelty of the paper, technical depth, elegance, practical or theoretical impact, and presentation. The paper should meet the following parameters.
- Original: the paper explores a new idea, project, or topic; discusses existing research with the promise of new insight; discusses new research; or presents new ways of looking at existing information.
- Engaging: the presentation format will engage the audience in some way, or has a high potential to attract conference attendees by addressing the community needs.
- Meaningful: the paper raises and discusses issues important to improving the effectiveness and/or sustainability of open education efforts, and its content can be widely disseminated and understood.
- Quality: claims are supported by sufficient data; claims are based on relevant literature; and limitations are honestly described.
- Clarity: the intended outcomes of the paper are easily understood.
- Relevant: the paper addresses one or more topics of the conference topics.
The proceedings of the TICEC 2023 technical track will be published in a special volume of the journal RTE ESPOL which is indexed by Latindex, Google Scholar, Crossref and more.
- All papers submitted to TICEC 2023 will be checked for plagiarism including self-plagiarism. If a paper is found to fall in the category of plagiarism, the paper will be automatically rejected.
- Once the paper is accepted, it is not possible to add more authors than those listed on the submission form in EasyChair.
- If the article is accepted, you will have to improve it following the reviewers’ recommendations.
- One author can attend per registration.
- One paper can be presented and published per registration.
- Registrations cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
- The publication of an article is conditional upon its presentation at the event.
The TICEC Best Paper Award is given to authors who have written an outstanding paper that has been rated highest by the program committee.
Winners receive a certificate describing the award. The awards are announced and presented during the closing session of the conference.